Follow by Email

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

October Winds by Katie Mettner

I have read quite a few of Katie’s books and they just keep getting better with each one I read. This one is my favorite so far.

October is on the run from her past hiding out in the small town of Zansaville living under the assumed name of Sara Banks. She works at a truck stop and lives in an old RV in the woods outside of town. She has spent her whole life in survival mode and now she is trying to get the old RV she lives in ready for the harsh Minnesota winter on her limited income from the truck stop. One the way home one night she runs into Sheriff Raven. The two have an instant connection and soon begin spending more and more time together.

Zansaville is a quiet town with very little crime so when a trucker is found dead in the dumpster of the truck stop the whole community is shocked. Sadly this is only the beginning of what could possibly be something bigger than just a dead trucker. Can Sheriff Raven solve the crimes before it is too late? Is October’s past coming back to haunt her in this crime spree? Will October and Sheriff Raven be able to get past all the obstacles in their way to finally be together?

I really enjoyed this book. I instantly fell in love with the relatable characters and was drawn into the mystery behind what brought October to Zansaville. I found myself cheering Sheriff Raven on the whole time while he was trying to convince October that not only was she worthy of love but that he was in love with her. I mean girl doesn’t want a man to take care of her and fight for the right to love her?

I give this book 5 stars and would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment