Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Fractured Glass



I have never read a book by 5 different authors before and if I hadn’t known it was by multiple authors before reading it I wouldn’t have been able to tell. This story ran so smoothly you couldn’t tell where one author finished and the other began.
The story is a fantasy with a science fiction feel to it. That is normally not the type of books I ready but I know some of the authors and they are amazing so I figured I would give it a try and I’m so glad I did.



The story is about two girls, twin, Sloan and Harley. They are homeschooled by their single mother Carol and are always moving around. The girls love their mother but are starting to get more annoyed as they get older with how over protective she is.
Suddenly, strange things begin to happen. The girls are noticing that someone is following them and they are having the same nightmare over and over again. Carol decides that the time has come to tell the girls the truth about her past which she has been very cryptic about before now. She takes the girls on a trip to see one of her oldest friends Delia who Carol says will be able to help her explain the story. While on their way to meet with Delia, Harley is kidnapped by their father. Carol explains that Harley and Sloan’s father is from an alternate universe called a fractal. Sloan learns there are many fractals and she and her sister have a special ability to be able to travel through them. To get her sister back Sloan must learn to harness her power as a traveler and navigate the perilous world of the fractals. Will she be able to find her sister and, if she does, will she be able to find her way back home?





I give this book 4 out 5 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment