Follow by Email

Friday, August 5, 2016

All I can say is wow! Katie Mettner has done it again! This is the second book in the Kupid’s Cove series and the story continues with Ellie, the marketing director for Kupid Enterprises, and Mally, the director for I.T. for Kupid Enterprises. Ellie is getting over a break up with a man who made her lose all confidence in herself. She develops a crush on Mally, who she calls Mr. I.T., but doesn’t want to get too close for fear of being hurt again. Mally has a crush on Ellie as well but is fighting his own demons from his past. When Gideon, owner of Kupid Enterprises, asks Ellie and Mally to help track down someone who is stealing money from within the company Mally and Ellie must go undercover at the Honolulu Resort as a married couple. While trying to catch the thief Mally and Ellie get closer and realized they might want to be married for real. They soon find that catching the thief will be more difficult than they anticipated. Can Mally and Ellie catch the thief and find love? Find out in this light hearted Hawaiian romance. I give this book 5 Stars!

Me and Mr. I.T., book 2 in the Kupid's Cove series by Katie Mettner, is now available on Amazon! If you are part of Kindle Unlimited you can read it for free, or get Me and Mr. I.T. for .99 for a limited time!  You can also get the first book in the series, Calling Kupid, for .99! Read on for an excerpt of Me and Mr. I.T. and to read my review.




“Thank you for helping me with the computer, Maltrand. I appreciate that you don’t look down on me for being computer illiterate.”

I set my fork down on my plate and leaned back in my chair. “It’s no problem. It’s my job to keep all employees up and running. You’re the most important person in this whole business, so you can’t be without equipment that works.”

She waved her hand at me. “I’m far from the most important.”

“Think about it. If it weren’t for you marketing the business successfully, there wouldn’t be a business. Gideon would have a lot of money sunk into an empty hotel. Never underestimate the important part you play on this team. And you’re not computer illiterate. You know your programs, and how they run, but you don’t understand the hardware. That’s something that can be learned, but in the end if you can turn it on, run your programs and call me when other problems arise, the job will still get done.”

“You might not want to say that. Problems always arise for me.”

I grinned. “Which I’m totally okay with because it gives me a reason to see you.” Before she could clam up and crawl back into her shell I threw an unexpected question at her. “Why do you call me Mr. I.T. at work and Maltrand in social situations?”

She didn’t answer right away, just nibbled away at the shrimp in her hand until she worked out whatever her answer was going to be. “I call you Mr. I.T. because I know it bugs you and while it probably makes me a child, I like ruffling your feathers. I call you Maltrand in social situations because Mally is a stupid nickname for a guy.”

“How’s that for honesty?” I joked and she shrugged.

“You asked, I answered. Why do you hate it when I call you Mr. I.T.?”

“Because there’s more to me than being able to fix computers.”

“I don’t doubt that,” she agreed, “which is why I only call you that at work.”

I chewed on that for a bit while I ate a few fries off my plate. They were cold and covered in steak juice, but still edible. I noticed a pink tinge to her cheeks as she finished her food, which told me she was bothered having to explain her reasons to me.

“I guess that’s fair enough, but I think you would be irritated if I called you Ms. Marketing.”

“It would irritate me because it makes no sense and it’s not catchy or cute. Come on, you gotta admit Mr. I.T. is catchy and cute.”

I had to hand it to the woman. I was trying to earn points on my side of the board, but she had all of them in her hand to start with.

“So you’re saying I’m cute.”

“No, I’m saying the nickname is cute,” she clarified.

I grinned, shaking my head as I laid my napkin on my plate, and set it all back on the tray Hani had left.

“I’ve done my job then tonight, as Mr. I.T. You should be up and running right away in the morning. What projects do you have left to finish up before we can get started with Operation Oats?”

“Operation Oats? What are you talking about?” she asked, her fork halfway to her mouth.

I so knew I was going to get in trouble for this, but I was going for it. “Operation Oats, because Honey Bunches-”

“Of Oats,” she groaned, her fork clattering to the plate and she pushed it away. “For the love of Pete can we not name it after a box of cereal?”

I shrugged. “Sure. Operation Us?”

I notice a glint in her eye and then she leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms over her beautiful chest. A chest I had full access to earlier. It would be a vision that tortured me tonight, without a doubt.

“How about Operation Me and Mr. I.T.?” she asked, smirking.

I sniggered and shook my finger at her. “You’re funny, and cute, and completely out of my league, when it comes to sparring.”





Katie Mettner writes inspirational and romantic suspense from a little house in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. She's the author of the four part epic family saga, The Sugar Series, Sugar's Song being runner up for sweet romance in the eFestival of Words contest. Her other romance series, The Northern Lights Series, The Snowberry Holiday Series, Kupid's Cove Series, and The Magnificent Series are all set in the Midwest. If you love romance and romantic suspense, her books are for you!

Katie lives with her soulmate, whom she met online at Thanksgiving and

married in April. Together they share their lives with their three children and two leopard geckos. After suffering an especially bad spill on the bunny hill in 1989, Katie became an amputee in 2011, giving her the much needed time to pen her first novel, Sugar's Dance. With the release of Sugar's story, Katie discovered the unfilled need for disabled heroes and heroines! Her stories are about empowering people with special circumstances to find the one person who will love them because of their abilities, not their inabilities. Katie has a slight addiction to Twitter and blogging, with a lessening aversion to Pinterest now that she quit trying to make the things she pinned.

Find The Author:

Me and Mr. I.T. Amazon US
Calling Kupid on Amazon US
Follow Katie Mettner on Amazon US
Follow Katie Mettner on Amazon UK
Visit Katie Mettner’s blog The View From The OtherSide
Follow Katie on Twitter
Come chat with Katie on Facebook
Are you a Pinner? Pin with Katie at Sugarsballroom




GIVEAWAY


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Leah! I'm so glad you loved Ellie and Mr. I.T. :)

    ReplyDelete