Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Review for Animal Farm by George Orwell

I am participating in my local library's summer reading program and one of the categories was a banned book. I already owned a copy of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" so I decided to read that for the banned book category. 

In the book, a farm is taken over by the animals. They have very idealistic views on how everything will be better without the humans around to tell them what to do but things don't turn out the way they hoped. 

The book is written as a metaphor for politics. I consider myself to have an interest in politics and, while I can see Orwell's point, this was by far one of the worst books I've ever read. The novel jumps around to one thing or another very often and it is difficult to follow the story. I like all types of books but this is not one of my favorites. 

If you are looking for a political metaphor this would be a great novel for you but if you are looking for some light reading this is not it.

I give this book 1 star.





No comments:

Post a Comment